06/02/2007

"Mez's mezangelle language, conceived in cyberspace, is now being noticed globally - even the traditional print based poetry community is becoming aware of mezangelle as a new literary device, and if not new, certainly an extension of the last big phenomenon of poetry, parataxis within lines of poetry as characterised by the work of the language poets in the 1970s and 1980s and which now permeates to mainstream poetry.

As such it is difficult to read. I resisted for many months, hitting the delete button each time I'd see a mez post....but I allowed myself the space to receive this text, purely by her persistence, wondering if i'd hit the delete button one too many times, and I found my way in to her work.

Equally important as the mezangelle language has been the method of collection of the texts, the method of generation of the texts, and the collaborative aspect of the work. This is inseparable from the work itself, and totally exposed out there, poetry in the act of being made - the process becomes equally as important as the product."

-komninos zervos, Lecturer in poetry and cyber studies, Griffith University.